Updated July 13, 2021:
Now that outdoor fitness is back, here’s how to prepare for your next visit.
- Mask policy while inside our health & fitness centres:
- When indoors, all members, volunteers and staff must wear a mask (that covers/fits their chin, nose, and mouth) in our Health & Fitness centres at all times, including while working out.
- Mask policy while participating in outdoor activities:
- When outdoors, members must wear a mask (that covers/fits their chin, nose, and mouth) when they are being screened, gathering their equipment, setting up, disinfecting their equipment, moving throughout the outdoor space, etc.
- Members may remove their mask once in their designated 10 x 10 foot square while they are exercising.
- We ask that all staff, volunteers, and members where a mask that satisfies the criteria below:
- Masks should fit securely to the head with either ties or ear loops
- Masks should be made of at least two layers of tightly woven material (such as cotton or linen). It is recommended that masks have two layers plus a filtration layer in the middle.
- Masks should be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose and mouth without gaping.
- Masks with ventilators/exhalation valves will not be permitted; these masks do not protect others from COVID-19 or limit the spread of the virus.
* We are reviewing provincial guidelines as well as local health region recommendations closely over the next couple of weeks and will update our mask policy in the future if we feel it safe to do so.